I am currently a Resident Advisor at Umass Lowell, and plan to become a professional Resident Director when I graduate. I hope to earn my Master's degree while working as a Resident Director. Some of the lessons I have learned while working as an RA are invaluable.
I am also a musician. I've been playing bass, guitar and drums for years. I hope to someday incorporate music into my everyday life, by owning a restaurant/club that local bands can play at. I began playing in bars when I was only 12 years old, and understand that it is not a good environment for children and teenagers. I plan to have an alcohol free establish, and possibly a coffee or bubble tea bar instead.
Thank you for reading, and please check back soon for more posts.
Wow, five different majors? I thought my three were a lot! I love that you want to incorporate your love of music into such a useful and rewarding career. I remeber when I was younger there were very few safe and healthy places where I could see bands play. The closest place to me was about an hour away and my friends and I always wished there were more teen-friendly places for us to spend time.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad someone else agrees that there needs to be more teen-friendly venues! I typically had to travel at least 1.5-2 hours to get to shows... my poor parents. :-p
ReplyDelete