I do, in a way, follow many blogs. If you have an account of Twitter.com, you are following many microblogs. While these aren't nearly the same as regular blogs, they often times take snippets and display a shortened link to a full blog. This is where I get the majority of my news and entertainment information from. One profile I follow on Twitter.com is @ThorntonSays. This links to a blog that is on Tumblr.com which is another blogging software. Shawn Thornton is a player on the Boston Bruins, one of my favorite hockey teams. Shawn Thornton is famous for fighting, as seen in the picture. He is the one on the left in the yellow jersey, #22. It's great that technology has allowed us to get a glimpse of what our favorite sports players, entertainers and other celebrities are like in their down time.
I have also dabbled in web design in the past. While I'm admittedly not the greatest, I do understand a fair amount of HTML, CSS, XML, PHP and Actionscript. One of the first websites I ever designed was Radical Ink's website. Radical Ink is my favorite tattoo shop in New England.
I've taken the liberty of putting links and pictures all into my one blog post. I hope this is not an issue.
Well you have a bit of a background in this kind of thing. It is impressive to me because I have no clue what I'm doing when it comes to this sort of thing. But I am learning and hope to get the basics down pat. So your a hockey fan huh, I use to watch the game in the 80s and 90s when it seemed that the game was more physical and the players in my opinion cared more about the game than padding their stats. I was recently re-introduced to the sport when the Olympics were on, I think that some of the style of play carried over to the NHL making it easier for me to watch at least.
ReplyDeleteI remember the first time I watched a hockey game. It was with my grandfather, and I couldn't have been older than 4 or 5. (This still puts us in the mid 90s) I remember that we counted 11 fights, and the majority of the game was a 3 on 3. I fell in love with the sport!
ReplyDeleteI honestly don't follow it as much as I'd like to, and I'm not one for stats either. The passion for the game is what's important, and you can clearly see it in some of the players over the others. After the Matt Cooke incident when we were playing them, Thornton didn't hesitate to take the chance to fight him. After that, we were losing terribly. Chara picked a fight, and after the fight was over, looked at the bench and said, "That's how it's done!" While we still lost, it was enough to at least make us play like hockey players again...