It hits me... I used to hate bloggers. Hate's a pretty strong word, but I don't know if it's truly strong enough. All these self-righteous jerks that think their opinion matters more than anyone else's because they have a couple hundred people subscribed to their blog, just bashing anything and everything that's popular. The worst part is that out of their, say, 200 subscribers, only about 20 of them actually read it on a regular basis.
There are plenty of blogs that don't fit this mold, and can keep you up to date on things you want to know. This isn't one of those blogs, and I am one of those self-righteous jerks. So today? I'm bashing professional sports.
Without using specific examples, I will share with you my main gripes about it.
- "You aren't paying me enough!" - I'm sorry, you're only making more in one year than 90% of America will make in their lifetime. I mean, you're only playing a GAME, that you're supposed to play because you LOVE. If you do well, you expect a raise. God forbid the GM gives you a salary cut if you do poorly. Besides, I gotta agree.... $8 million a year just isn't enough to feed your 2 children, wife, 27 butlers and housekeepers, 7 Jaguars, and 4 Hummers.
- Play because you love to PLAY - College sports are often times more entertaining than "professional sports." These players play with heart. They are typically playing because they love the game, and more importantly, they act far more professional while in uniform than some of these so-called "professionals."
- You're famous, not God - So a lot of people know your name. I'd go as far as saying you have fans. Great. Stop being a douche-bag to everyone. These are the people that guarantee your paycheck, and they are the reason that you are still playing sports as a profession. Show some sincerity.
- If I wanted trashy celebrity gossip, I'd watch E! -Really though, someone got drunk and did something stupid. What a shock! More importantly, I watch hockey to see teeth fly; I don't care what the player did off the ice.
There are many exceptions to this, and I respect those individuals a whole lot. They give me hope. Really though, I'm just a self-righteous, trash-talking blogger. Deal with it. :D
No comments:
Post a Comment